Utilizing experience and creativity provide complete, cost effective, code compliant building and foundation design for mini-storage, commercial, industrial, agricultural and private or public structures of any shape and size. Establish and develop trusted, reliable and collaborative relationships with customers and team members.
Essential Functions and Capabilities
- Provide cost effective, code compliant building and foundation design for submittal to building departments for approval.
- Effectively communicate and work well with engineering, manufacturing, purchasing and other department teams and personnel.
- Collaboratively work with other team members and customers. Be willing to do what is best, not necessarily how it has been done in the past.
- Good engineering judgement and decision making.
- Building design experience is desired along with working knowledge of the CBC, AISC, ASCE7, AISI and ACI codes and standards. Cold-Formed steel and steel building design experience is a plus.
- Develop proficiency with building design software.
- Leadership mentality and ability to work well with others.
- Proficient with Excel. (And other MS Office applications.)
- Experience with Risa 3D and Enercalc is a plus.
- Initiative and versatility to address unexpected challenges.
- Cold-formed steel design
- Strong knowledge and understanding of structural engineering design principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive contribution toward team projects and team development.
- Dedicated, conscientious, strong work ethic.
- Direct ACAD and Detailing team members for completion of design work.
- Primarily an office environment but will spend some time in production plant as well. Occasional project field visits and other off-site events will occur.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Will need to go into the production plant and to project sites and off-site meetings when necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is an exempt salary position with hours expected to be generally from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday with potential for overtime as needed.
- Travel is not a regular part of this position but may be required on occasion.
Typical Education and Experience
- S. in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of building design experience.
- California P.E. license, or the ability to obtain the license is a plus.
- Two years of building design. (Any materials, cold-formed steel, steel, wood, CMU etc.)
- Cold-formed steel, steel and foundation design.
- Experience with cold-formed steel design is a significant plus.
- Strong computer skills with precision and attention to detail.
- Competitive compensation TBD depending on qualifications.
- Pay range will be dependent on license and experience.
- $65,000-$80,000 (Unlicensed)
- $80,000-$95,000 (Licensed)